The Single Markets Platform (SMP) is being designed to help NGESO become a better buyer of ancillary services through the transformation of the user experience.
The aim of the SMP is to provide frictionless access to ESO markets, from its foundational release of functionality on 10 February 2022, it support the onboarding process for new and enduring day-ahead Frequency Response markets.
Since then, regular deployments have been released to deliver new functionality that improve the user experience and expand the services hosted by the SMP. We will continue to develop the SMP for the benefit of our market participants.
The way you access the SMP is changing. Here’s what you need to know:
- From 6 October, you will need to sign in using your email to your new ESO account.
- Your new ESO account will enable you in the future to sign in to all the ESO systems you use with the same credentials.
- You will be able to access your ESO account from the ESO website to manage your account details and preferences including your dataset subscriptions.
What you'll need to do from 6 October:
- If you are an existing SMP user, we will set up your new ESO account.
- The first time you sign in, you’ll need to reset your password (select the forgot password link) and register your mobile to enable two-step verification.
- After that you will sign in with your email address and new password.
If you have questions, get in touch with us at [email protected].
Since September 2021, we have been engaging regularly with interested market participants and users on what they would like to see within the SMP and to discuss what functionality could be prioritised.
These “Show and Listen” workshops have been critical to SMP’s success to date, giving us the opportunity to course correct our development as necessary, as well as ensuring regular feedback is received. An updated calendar of events is shown below and typically involve a one-hour webinar on Thursdays at 2pm. Agenda items are shared in advance and the workshop
A Mural is subsequently available in our “Key documents” section above. Anyone interested in being invited to such events can register below.
Show and Listen Workshops
- 07 December 2023 (5 weeks in the lead up to Christmas)
- 18 January 2024
- 22 February 2024
- 21 March 2024
- 18 April 2024
- 16 May 2024
- 20 June 2024
- 18 July 2024
- 19 September 2024
- 17 October 2024
- 14 November 2024
- 12 December 2024
The development of APIs within the Single Markets Platform has been an ambition from the start of the programme and has been identified as a priority by a number of users. APIs will allow SMP users to perform updates electronically to certain information without the need to manually enter it via the SMP user interface.
The SMP API Detailed User Guide and Overview Slides, found under Market Information, detail how our APIs will be structured and what will be required to interface with them. They represent the first stage in our API release strategy that will be followed by the provision of a sandbox environment to support development and testing of market participants API code. Production APIs will then start to be deployed to SMP in 2023.
Should you wish to speak to us about APIs please email [email protected]
API user guidance
SMP demos and guidance