Super SEL is utilised to directly decrease the sum of the minimum MW level or Stable Export Limit (SEL) of generators synchronized to the system by lowering the minimum generating level at a generator synchronised.
The criteria for selection for prequalification includes but is not limited to:
- the proposed service meet the minimum technical requirements
- duration of the service
- timeline for operation of the service
- the project can provide additional services
- assessment of generation behaviour
- the value of the Super SEL service against other services, including but not limited to Demand Turn Up, Interconnector Actions, action on non synchronous machines, generation desynchronisation or operation mode changes